As a big fan of nature and being outside, I love the weather in Texas right now. We don't have a lot of time between winter and triple-digit heat so, when the weather's pleasant, it's important to enjoy it while we can! With today being National Picnic Day, I can't think of a better reason to pick out a couple great Frito-Lay recipes that you can prepare and take with you for an afternoon in the great outdoors.
- Mango Salsa Chutney - If you're going to be outside for a while, a creamy dip may not be able to take the heat. So try this refreshing, fruit-based dip, which goes great with Tostitos Hint of Lime flavored tortilla chips.
- Black Bean Corn Bites - Worried about a double-dipper crashing your picnic? These bite-size appetizers featuring Tostitos SCOOPS! tortilla chips are a tasty way to solve that dilemma!
- Blackened Chicken Sandwich - Planning on firing up the grill? Try this recipe with a side of Lay's Classic potato chips for a can't-miss summer combo!
- Red Hot Smokers Pork - We went to the BBQ pros for this recipe that features zesty pulled pork and creamy coleslaw. Try it paired with Lay's Honey Barbecue potato chips or Ruffles MAX Smokehouse Style BBQ potato chips for an extra kick of sweet and spicy flavor.
- Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies - All great picnics need a great dessert. This recipe uses Lay's Classic potato chips for a perfect picnic-ending treat.
Do you have a special recipe you always prepare for picnics? Tell me about it in the comments!