Each month we’re hosting a Twitter contest to crown a “Frito-Lay Fan of the Month,” and you’re invited to join in on the fun! Check back right here on Snack Chat to find out when the next contest is taking place. Then head to Twitter and tell us why YOU are a Frito-Lay fan by sharing your posts, stories and pictures using the hashtag, #FritoFan.
Say hello to our November Fan of the Month, Stacy Lane! This skydiving mom of two - one daughter and one pug – shared with us some of her favorite snacks and hobbies and where she could see herself working here with us at Frito-Lay. Read on to learn more about Stacy in her Q&A below.
- Favorite Frito-Lay snack: I love Lay’s Sour Cream & Onion potato chips.
- Favorite dip recipe or way to enjoy your chips: I make a great chili cheese dip to serve with Fritos corn chips. Just combine a can of veggie chili with one pound of block cheese cut into cubes and microwave in two-minute intervals, stirring between each, until it's well blended. It's always a crowd pleaser!
- If you could be a Frito-Lay snack, which would you be and why? I would be Doritos Cool Ranch flavored tortilla chips. A little spice and a little ranch - what’s not to love!?
- What extreme ingredient would you like to see our chef use in a Fritos Pie Remix recipe? A tuna casserole Fritos Pie Remix with peas being the extreme ingredient! (Tuna fans like Stacy may like our recipe for Creamy Spicy Tuna Tartare Fritos Pie! - Joe)
- Which chips would you pair together to make a new snack mix? Cheetos Crunchy cheese flavored snacks and Lay’s Classic BLT flavored potato chips.
- What are some tips you can share for snacking smarter or living healthier? Divide a large bag of chips into sandwich bags (or buy single-serve packs) and limit yourself to one snack. Also, try pairing your chips with fruit!
- If you got to work at Frito-Lay for a day, what role would you want to be in? I would love to be in the marketing or public relations department!
- Give us 3
fun facts about yourself:
- I went skydiving with a friend for her 22nd birthday.
- I have a daughter named Annette and a black pug named Roger.
- I live within 15 minutes from the beach.
- Tell us why you are a Frito-Lay Fan: I’ve been eating your chips since I can remember, and I love them all! Keep up the great work and the awesome variety!
Congratulations, again, to Stacy on being chosen as our November Fan of the Month! Thanks for being a fan for so many years! You can learn more about Stacy by checking out her blog, Life in the Fast Lane, or by following her on Twitter. Check back in December to find out more about our final 2012 Frito-Lay Fan of the Month winner.