This is one of my favorite times of year, as this weekend, I will travel to Philadelphia to attend the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) with my colleague, and Frito-Lay registered dietitian (RD), Danielle Dalheim. (At left, a photo of me from our booth at FNCE 2011)
Danielle will help kick off FNCE presenting alongside other food industry experts at Ketchum’s 3rd Annual Mythbusters Session on Sunday, Oct. 7, where the speakers will share recent science behind some of the hottest topics in nutrition.
We will also host an exhibit hall booth, where we’ll:
- Sample NEW SunChips 6 Grain Medley Parmesan & Herb multigrain snacks, with 21 grams of whole grains per 1-oz. serving, Tostitos Artisan Recipes Baked Three Cheese Queso tortilla chips, packing great flavor with less sodium per serving that you’d expect, and Lay's Kettle Cooked Sun-Dried Tomato & Parmesan potato chips, with 40% less fat than Lay’s Classic potato chips.
- Showcase Frito-Lay’s initiative to qualify products as Gluten Free.
- Demonstrate the simple ingredients and simple processes used to make many of America’s favorite snack chips.
- Share how RDs can earn FREE CPEU credits through Frito-Lay’s continuing education courses.
- Test everyone’s snack knowledge with our Chip Mythbusters Quiz – offering a chance to win great prizes! You can play along on Twitter using the hash tag #chipmyth – remember to follow @Fritolay.
We hope to see all our RD friends there. I’ll report back next week and share some photos from the conference. Stay tuned!