Each month we’re hosting a Twitter contest to crown a “Frito-Lay Fan of the Month,” and you’re invited to join in on the fun! Check back right here on Snack Chat to find out when the next contest is taking place. Head to Twitter and tell us why YOU are a Frito-Lay fan by sharing your posts, stories and pictures using the hashtag, #FritoFan
Say hello to our July Fan of the Month, Shelly Leatham! This talented scrapbooking fan shared with us her idea for one of the fanciest Fritos Pie Remix extreme ingredients we've received and a 'sweet' way to enjoy Lay’s Classic potato chips! Read on to learn more fun facts about Shelly in her Q&A below.
- Give us 3 fun facts about yourself:
- I love to scrapbook and have won a couple scrapbook page-making competitions.
- I met my hubby online, and he moved 3,000 miles just to be with me.
- I can do lots of different voices, and I use them when I read to kids. My favorite voice to do is Donald Duck.
- Favorite Frito-Lay snack: Lay’s Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ chips
- Favorite dip recipe or way to eat chips: I love ranch dressing or ranch dip for my chips, but I love Lay’s Classic potato chips crushed up in my chocolate ice cream! (Ranch fans like Shelly will love Lay's Smooth Ranch Dip or Lay's Dip Creations Country Ranch Dry Dip Mix)
- What extreme ingredient would you like to see our chef use in a Fritos Pie Remix recipe? I think truffles would make a very extreme ingredient!
- If you got to work at Frito-Lay for a day, what role would you want to be in and why? Other than taste-tester, I would want to be the executive chef so I could try out a few ideas I have for new flavors.
- Tell us why you are a Frito-Lay Fan: I have enjoyed Frito-Lay products as long as I can remember. They are consistently delicious and they have never failed me. With all the products Frito-Lay makes, I can grab one and never go wrong! The customer service is great too. When I had a question, they were courteous and very helpful!
A big thank you to Shelly for being our July Frito-Lay Fan of the Month! You can learn more about Shelly on her blog, Shelly’s Bits and Pieces, and by following her on Twitter. Stay up to date with Frito-Lay on Twitter to enter our next #FritoFan contest for your chance to be next month's featured Fan of the Month right here on Snack Chat.