Today, I'm excited to announce a new promotion called “Ruffles Next Flavor Fever," in which you, our Frito-Lay fans, get to vote for the new Ruffles flavor you want to see on store shelves. The contest introduces 16 possible flavor options and challenges fans to vote for their pick each day through April 3 in an elimination bracket-style tournament at www.facebook.com/ruffles. The competing flavors will face off in a series of daily challenges to start the contest, with the winners battling in subsequent weeks until only one flavor is left:
- March 11 -- Sandwiches: Grilled Ham & Cheese vs. Sloppy Joe
- March 12 -- Sandwiches: Meatball Sub vs. French Dip
- March 13 -- Appetizers: Pepperoni Pizza vs. Beer Battered Onion Rings
- March 14 -- Appetizers: Fried Pickles vs. Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- March 15 -- Entrees: Baby Back Ribs vs. Steakhouse Sirloin
- March 16 -- Entrees: Smothered Chicken Fried Steak vs. Fajita
- March 17 -- Dips & Dogs: Wasabi Ranch vs. Spinach Bacon Dip
- March 18 -- Dips & Dogs: Loaded Hot Dog vs. Grilled Brats & Onions
- March 19 - March 22: Round 2
- March 23 - March 26: Round 3
- March 27 - April 3: Championship Round
Earlier this year, Ruffles launched two new flavors, Molten Hot Wings and Loaded Chili & Cheese, which have been a hit with consumers. Now, for the first time in Ruffles’ history, fans can choose the next great flavor. The winning flavor will be available this fall only at U.S. Wal-Mart locations. One consumer will also win a pre-paid Wal-Mart gift card that can be used to buy a bag of their favorite Ruffles potato chips every other week for the next 20 years. Wow, that’s a lot of Ruffles!
Visit www.facebook.com/ruffles to check out the full bracket and cast your vote. There are a lot of tasty options, but I know which one I’m rooting for!